DREAMING OF STARTING YOUR OWN DESIGN BUSINESS?
Let’s get to work.
DESIGN BOSS: The Guide to Starting Your Own Design Business
Are you longing to work for yourself?
Do you want to be in charge of your own schedule and choose your own clients?
Do you want to start a business that you love running?
I’ve done it, and there is so much I wish I’d known at the start. Let me tell you about my journey and share my insights on getting your design business up and running.
This book is for you if you are:
A designer who wants to work directly with clients
Wanting to start your business, but aren’t sure where to begin
Looking for guidance on systems and client management
Trying to figure out a target market and build a portfolio
Want a nice reference to come back to without watching 20 hours of videos
This ebook includes:
- How to Plan: defining your brand and unique viewpoint, selecting the services you offer, building a portfolio
- Setting up the Business: setting up accounts and tax planning, options for your structure (sole proprietor/LLC), pricing, contracts, client communication
- Developing Your Process: client onboarding, how to present concepts, dealing with revisions, files to provide
- Finding Clients: where to start and what to look for
- Plus, a Bonus section about avoiding burnout, dealing with imposter syndrome, remembering self-care, and finding more resources
- Worksheets, planning docs, & list of my top resources for running my business
How do I get the ebook? After you make your purchase through PayPal, you’ll get an email confirmation and a link to download the ebook.
Is this only for designers? The lessons here could apply to any service-based creative business (like photography, copywriting, web development), but all my examples are specifically tailored to design. It’s up to you if you want to learn from it or not!
What are the terms of service? Because of the nature of digital products, all sales are final.