seven stellar save-the-date cards.
It is that time of year when all of next spring and summer’s weddings are starting production on those all-important save-the-date cards. Since I work on a lot of invitations and stationery, I’m always on the hunt for (and pinning) new and beautiful ideas. While some go for the shock factor of pop-ups, confetti, lasers, and who knows what, I much prefer something simple and gorgeous that not only lets the couple shine through but is easy for the recipient to hang on to (after all, that’s the point, right?).
These save-the-dates have struck a lovely balance of simplicity and uniqueness - something that is not always easy to achieve.
1) Circle: I love the layout of this card! So eye-catching.
2) Dotty card: This one has dots. Duh, I love it.
3) Letterpress: this collection wouldn’t be complete without some letterpress! Love the simplicity.
4) Venn diagram: Vanity pick here - these were the save-the-dates I designed for my own wedding. I’d seen a few versions of this, but it really felt like a marriage of my design brain with my husband’s logical engineer brain: diagrams and chevron!
5) Ticket card: While I’ve seen many versions of an event ticket save-the-date, I was particularly drawn to this one. I love the rich colors and the readability of the text. So lovely!
6) Fancy Footwork: I love this idea! While most people rarely do these dances anymore, how precious is it to include with your save-the-date?
7) Blue pattern: these just seem so chic!
Have you ever gotten a save-the-date that was particularly memorable?